The Australian Children’s Brain Cancer Conference invites you to submit an abstract for possible inclusion within the official program.
Submissions close: 15 January 2024
Notification of successful abstracts: January 2024
Deadline to accept and register:
Early February 2024
Abstracts can be submitted for either oral or poster presentations.
Oral presentations will be asked to present a 20 minute PowerPoint presentation, comprising of 15 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions with the audience.
Poster presentations will be asked to present a visual poster display and be available to discuss their research during meeting breaks.
Abstract submission guidelines
- All submissions must be in English. English is the official conference language and all presentations must also be in English
- Submission titles must not be longer than 20 words and should be brief and explicit
- If you do wish to add a sub-title or blurb further explaining your abstract please do this on the submission that you upload.
- Submissions must not exceed 500 words, be clear and concise, highlight relevant aspects, findings and conclusions
- Abbreviations should be used only in common terms. For uncommon terms, the abbreviation should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word
- The abstract title, section headings, author information are not included in the overall word count
- Abstracts should follow the following format:
- Background/Purpose: background or statement of purpose
- Methods: methods, materials and analytical procedure used
- Results: summary of the results in sufficient detail to support conclusion (we do not recommend including “results will be discussed”)
- Conclusion: conclusions reached
- Abstracts must contain text only. No figures, images, or tables are allowed.
- All abstracts submitted must be original work and cannot be previously presented in any form, unless agreed in writing by the Local Organising Committee.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author
- Should you prefer that your abstract NOT be published, please advise the conference organisers.
- All successful applicants are required to register for the conference and pay the registration fee.
- All presenters are required to register within 2 weeks of receiving their notification
- Any abstract that does not comply with these specifications may not be accepted for review.
Prizes will also be awarded to the best submitted abstracts for both oral and poster presentation formats.
You will be asked during the submission process if you would like to be considered for an award.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific committee to ensure the quality and compatibility with the conference.
- Abstracts will be reviewed on a competitive basis and successful applicants will be notified accordingly.
- The final decision on acceptances and on publication and presentation formats are at the discretion of the scientific committee.
Terms and conditions
- Submitting authors declare that the submission is the original work of at least one author/presenter
- Submitting authors declare they have the approval of all listed authors to submit this work
- Accepted presenters must register, pay and be present at the conference (scholarships may be available)
- Submitting authors must declare the work described in the abstract has appropriate approval under local, ethical and animal experimentation rules
- Submitting authors must declare that their work does not conflict with any existing copyright agreements
- Submitting authors provide consent for their presentation materials to be used to assist with promoting ACBCC, future ACBCC events .